Everytime a stranger knows that I am a makeup artist I have to get that exact question:
"How do I make my eyeliner last longer without getting smudged?"
In a nutshell, I will give you all the tips I know to help you through your agony:
1) You have to sharpen your pencil.
2) Make sure your eyeliner is waterproof.
3) Your eyelids have to be dry with powder.
4) A good quality eyeliner is a must, it will make one hell of a difference.
5) If your eyelids are hooded, only draw a wing towards the end of the eye; not a full liner.
6) Gel liners are another very good alternative to pencil and are extremely long-lasting.
A great gel liner is Inglot. Safe on the lids and inside the eyes too. Give it a shot!